A sandstone mining pit at Korsukangas, photographed at an interval of 120 years. On left, by J.J. Sederholm in 1891 - 1900 (GTK, Vanhatkuvat nr. 694), on right, by Pasi Talvitie in August 2018. Sandstone was mined in Lauhanvuori up till early 1900's. It was used as raw material for manufacturing of millstones. Today, the old mining pits are covered by vegetation.
Nearby attractions: The tor formations of Aumakalliot, Aumakivi tor corestone, Kaivolammi lake, Springtime in Peräkorpi, The southern end of Kivijata boulder field, Kivijata stone field, Kivijata then and now, The highest post-glacial shoreline, The Lauhankangas highest shoreline, The boulder field of Korsukankaan kivijata, The day trip hut of Kärkikeidas, The observation tower of Lauhanvuori, The lean-to shelter of Leikkistenkangas, Wild Forest Reindeer camera, The seasonal wetland of Peräkorpi, Duckboard trail on the Peräkorpi spruce mire, Lake Spitaalijärvi
Coordinates (WGS84): 62.10079, 22.14599See transportation and other services for this place
Keywords: GTK Vanhatkuvat, Sandstone, Image pair